Customers may call in describing that they are unable connect to their printer with USB.
Typically, this occurs out of the box on a new install. This only occurs with Future Smart 4 firmware.
- Unable to add the printer using the USB port on the printer
- Network connectivity is unaffected
- Connect via network cable and open the embedded web server.
- Browse to the Security tab and scroll down until Hardware Ports, as seen in the following image.
- Check both boxes and then click Apply.
- Add/install printer though USB.