DEX Imaging, Inc.
Year Founded: 2002
President/Owner: Dan Doyle Jr.
Number of Employees: 2,000+
Primary Vendors: HP, Konica Minolta, Canon, Kyocera
Primary Solutions Offerings: Microsoft, DEXDOX, DEXMPS
Primary Leasing Partners: GreatAmerica, CIT, U.S. Bank, DLL, Wells Fargo, TIAA Bank, Canon Financial Services, Marlin, Balboa, LEAF
Approximate Yearly Revenue:
Fastest-Growing Business Segments: MPS
Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: Despite the pandemic, DEX Imaging had just as many salespeople qualify for its 2020 Rewards Trip as in previous years, a testament to its sales staff’s creativity and ability to close deals in challenging conditions.
Why We Consider DEX Imaging Elite:
- Talking points. In addition to boasting an internal IT department and online customer help desk, DEX Imaging provides internal certified service training on all the makes and models in its product portfolio. Employees also benefit from a top-down management style that includes an open-door policy.
- Employee satisfaction. DEX Imaging boasts one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry, which creates a legacy of relationships with customers. That enables the dealer to provide a higher, more personal level of service.
- Marketing engine. In an effort to bolster its brand exposure, DEX Imaging entered the NASCAR racing world as a sponsor for drivers such as Harrison Burton and Ryan Blaney, with the company logo adorning the hood of the racers’ cars. The move was made to increase visibility in markets where the dealer plans to expand.
- Fundraising guidance. DEX Imaging donates one-third of its profits to various charities and promotes a culture of volunteerism among its employees. In an effort to ensure the organizations it supports maximize the value of contributions, the dealer also provides guidance on effective fundraising and tips for enhancing fiscal responsibility.
Flex Technology Group
Year Founded: 2005
President/Owner: Frank Gaspari (CEO)
Number of Employees: 1,000
Primary Vendors: Canon, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, Lexmark, Ricoh, Sharp, Zebra
Primary Solutions Offerings: Office equipment, professional services, production equipment, managed print services
Primary Leasing Partners: U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo, GreatAmerica
Approximate Yearly Revenue:
Fastest-Growing Business Segments: Professional services (80%), MPS, production equipment
Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: Flex Technology Group’s national MPS business model was expanded throughout its network, significantly bolstering its recurring revenue.
Why We Consider Flex Technology Group Elite:
- Growth sector. Flex Technology Group launched its professional services division during the second quarter of 2019, and it has quickly become the organization’s fastest-growing business segment. Also, the company sought to embolden its production equipment proficiency by hiring a nationally renowned specialist backed by a strong support staff.
- Repeat success. For the eleventh consecutive year, Flex Technology Group garnered a spot on the Inc. 500/5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies. The same publication also honored Flex with a spot on its 2020 Private Titans List, a ranking of the top 1,000 most dynamic and inspiring private companies. An HP Partner of the Year, the organization was also named to CRN’s 2020 Solution Provider 500 list for the seventh straight year.
- Sustained Excellence. Flex Technology Group strives for a consistent national service and distribution value proposition across its network of dealer providers. The company prides itself on an employee base that crafts solid relationships with end-users, courtesy of service, product quality and performance.
- Corporate philanthropy. Flex Technology Group hosts major fundraising events and supports organizations including Sunshine Acres Children’s Home, Feed My Starving Children, Matthew’s Crossing Food Bank and member dealer ProCopy’s annual copier drop fundraiser.
Pacific Office Automation
Year Founded: 1976
President/Owner: Doug Pitassi (president)
Number of Employees: 1,081
Primary Vendors: Konica Minolta, Canon, Ricoh, HP, Sharp, Xerox, Lexmark, Kyocera
Primary Solutions Offerings: Doc Record, PaperCut, Copitrak, Fax Core,
Primary Leasing Partners: DLL, Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, Canon Financial Services, CIT
Approximate Yearly Revenue:
Fastest-Growing Business Segments: MNS/unified communications (31.7%)
Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: Ever since its inception in 1976, Pacific Office Automation has registered growth each successive year.
Why We Consider Pacific Office Automation (POA) Elite:
- Guiding principles. Abiding by the philosophy of using guidelines rather than rules, Pacific Office Automation links technologies to customer problems and focuses on relationship selling. POA feeds off its six pillars of customer service: communication, integrity, follow-up/follow-through, innovation, positive attitude and ownership.
- Perfect fit. Pacific Office Automation takes great pains to ensure it selects the right person for the right career within its organization. The company has invested in more than 50 sales engineers. Its culture and growth mindset focuses on building customer loyalty and lasting relationships.
- Industry accolades. POA has netted several recognitions from its business partners, including the Mitel 2021 Gold Partner, Ricoh “highest revenue partner” and “highest production unit sales” for 2019, Konica Minolta “largest dealer” for 2018, the largest U.S. Lexmark dealer, the second-largest Sharp dealer and third-largest HP dealer in the nation.
- Community outreach. Among the charitable organizations that POA supports are Boys & Girls Club, Morrison Kids, Make-A-Wish Foundation and the FOX12 annual Holiday Toy Drive (as title sponsor). The dealer also provides scholarships for high school and college sports, and supports collegiate sales academies/competitions.