DEX Imaging, Inc.
Year Founded: 2002
President/Owner: Dan Doyle Jr.
Number of Employees: 1,800
Primary Vendors: Konica Minolta, HP, Kyocera, Canon
Primary Solutions Offerings: PaperCut, Canon, DFI, PrinterLogic, Kofax, Patrol
Primary Leasing Partners: GreatAmerica, CIT
Approximate Yearly Revenue: $271 million
Fastest-Growing Business Segments: MPS, enterprise accounts
Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: The dealer implemented a growth strategy during the pandemic, establishing DEX service territories outside of areas where it has brick and mortar branches, to eliminate the reliance on third-party dealer agreements. This was essential in meeting long-term growth projections.
Why We Consider DEX Imaging Elite:
- Service plus. While technical service is a primary calling card for DEX Imaging, it has a vested interest in its customers’ success. The dealer helps clients understand their operating costs and workflow processes so they can improve on business execution. As a result, DEX has cultivated many long-term partnerships with customers that are locked in for the long haul.
- Name recognition. From logos on the helmets of the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team to extensive signage at stadiums in the markets it serves, DEX Imaging uses sports marketing to bolster its brand nationwide. The dealer also sponsors auto racing drivers and individual athletes across the entire sports spectrum.
- Enterprise excellence. The company’s enterprise accounts team grew its direct service coverage nationwide from 48% to 75%, more than doubling its service technicians during a 24-month span. The team has successfully transitioned more than 50,000 devices nationwide. In all, DEX realized $3.9 million in cost savings across all channels.
- Top-flight training. DEX Imaging’s sales training program captured a bronze award during the 2021 Brandon Hall Group HCM Excellence Awards in the Best Sales Onboarding category. Other points of differentiation include high employee retention and a generous sales and service rewards program.
UBEO Business Services
San Antonio, TX
Year Founded: 2004
President/Owner: Jim Sheffield
Number of Employees: 800
Primary Vendors: Ricoh, Xerox, Konica Minolta, Canon, HP, Lexmark, Kyocera
Primary Solutions Offerings: Laserfiche, DocuWare, Kofax, Imagetracker, PaperCut, XMPie
Primary Leasing Partners: GreatAmerica, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo, DLL, Canon Financial Services
Approximate Yearly Revenue: $250 million
Fastest-Growing Business Segments: Production
Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: Service has long been a critical component of UBEO’s value proposition, and the dealer improved its Net Promoter Score to 85 during 2020.
Why We Consider UBEO Business Services Elite:
- Customer satisfaction. UBEO Business Services ensures that every system, decision and service execution translates into a superior customer experience. The dealer enables local autonomy for its field leaders to ensure customers receive quality care, backed by the commitment to excellence that is the backbone of UBEO’s national organization.
- Comprehensive offerings. With an expansive portfolio that entails production, wide-format and solutions, UBEO can offer a multi-manufacturer, brand-agnostic approach to providing the right fit for its customers.
- Cultural emphasis. In an effort to continuously augment its focus on culture, UBEO leverages its committee leadership model. All functional areas have a user committee that sources feedback from the field and works with them directly to affect change throughout the entire UBEO organization.
- Community outreach. Among the charitable organizations that UBEO supports through sponsorship are the Magdalena House, Family Eldercare and Hope for JD.