Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office
New York, NY
- Year Founded: 1959
- President/Owner: Larry Weiss
- Number of Employees: 450
- Primary Vendors: Ricoh/Savin, Toshiba, Konica Minolta, KYOCERA, HP
- Primary Solutions Offerings: DocuWare, EFI, Nuance, PaperCut, Drivve, Planet Press
- Primary Leasing Partners: DLL, Wells Fargo, US Bank
- Approximate Yearly Revenue: $127 million
- Fastest Growing Business Segments: Managed IT (50%), copier business (8%), MPS (13%)
- Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: The dealer was able to complete a trio of acquisitions during 2017. The deals netted a managed IT firm in southern New Jersey; a Ricoh transition acquisition, which entailed the onboarding of 18 sales reps, three managers and 19 technicians and included the tagging of about 4,000 machines within 60 days; and the annexing of a small copier dealer that specializes in back office Planet Press and production printing.
Why We Consider Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office Elite:
- Customer-centric approach. Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office has fostered a don’t-say-no approach that makes it obsessed with customer excellence. The dealer considers itself easy to do business with and when complications do arise in rare circumstances, it works to hammer out fast resolutions. Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office seeks to maximize a client’s time investment by ensuring it brings the necessary people resources to provide proper and accurate information, backed by the dealer’s Seal of Satisfaction guarantee.
- End-of-year push. The dealer’s annual December Sales Blitz generated more than $5.3 in revenue and encompassed 471 unit sales. During 2017, Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office partnered with an international educational services provider to manage their entire infrastructure generating $1.2 million in annual managed services and $400,000 in project work—its largest IT sale to date.
- Healthy internal competition. The dealer sponsored a double-elimination sales contest for its account executives. Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office plans to make the contest an annual event, as it provided healthy competition and enthusiasm amongst all of its sales teams.
- Manufacturer recognition. Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office captured several honors from its vendor partners, including the Ricoh’s Service Excellence Award, KYOCERA’S Prestige Service Solutions Provider, the DATTO Preferred Partner Award, the DocuWare Platinum Partner Award, the EFI Certified Fiery Professional Award, and the DLL Platinum Partner Award, which it has won 11 consecutive times.
- Fulfilling career opportunities. The dealer has a reputation of fostering a family-oriented atmosphere. One of its top initiatives is the Monthly Obsessed with Excellence Award. Employees are encouraged to share stories of fellow employees who go above and beyond in their efforts and demonstrate an obsession with excellence. The winning stories are shared with the company; winners are recognized for their performance and provided a cash award.
- Year Founded: 2005
- President/Owner: Frank Gaspari
- Number of Employees: 360
- Primary Vendors: Brother, Canon, Dell, HP, KYOCERA, Lexmark, Ricoh, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, Xerox, Zebra
- Primary Solutions Offerings: DocRecord, EasyLink, Nuance, FM Audit, KwikTag, Lexmark Enterprise Software/Perceptive, nQueue, OM Tool, PaperCut, PlanetPress Suite, Printer Logic, Square 9
- Primary Leasing Partners: EverBank, GE, GreatAmerica, US Bank, Wells Fargo
- Approximate Yearly Revenue: $100 Million
- Fastest Growing Business Segments: FlexPrint has doubled its revenues in the past 12 months.
- Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: Four dealerships have joined the FlexPrint platform since September of 2016: Laser Options, ProCopy Office Solutions, Cannon IV and Action Imaging Group.
Why We Consider FlexPrint Elite:
- Network focused. FlexPrint’s dealer partners relish their partnership with FlexPrint, as it provides instant liquidity for the stockholders and growth capital and expertise for the business. FlexPrint is expanding its portfolio of dealers by building upon its strong foundations to create a truly differentiated platform for organic and acquisitive growth. Dealers like doing business with FlexPrint because it unlocks their full growth potential, while expanding FlexPrint’s reach and solution offerings to its collective customer base.
- Seeking high-end platform prospects. FlexPrint has been utilizing and creating a marketing stack that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to help quickly identify qualified hot prospects, expand its credibility and reputation with influential marketing tactics, and scaling its customers’ experience across all the dealer’s brands. The result has been a strong return on investment for its efforts.
- Industry honors. FlexPrint has captured numerous local, regional and national recognitions, including eight consecutive years on the Inc. 500/5000 list, ‘Best Companies to Sell For’ list from Selling Powers, and four straight years on the CRN Solutions Provider 500 list. It also won the 2017 Ricoh Circle of Excellence Award, the 2017 Perfect Image Award – Dealer of the Year and the 2017 HP Best in Class Managed Print Services honor.
- Corporate culture. During 2017, FlexPrint shifted its employee incentive program to an employee support model by focusing on employees’ physical, emotional and mental needs. The dealer created a multi-faceted employee support program, FlexCares, which expands its culture to its employees’ families, personal passions and hobbies, and their local communities. As a team, FlexPrint wanted to free, fuel, and inspire its employees to bring the best of themselves to work every day by making a personal investment in them.
- Community contributions. Through our FlexCares Program, FlexPrint has assisted charities and organizations including Teen Lifeline’s Connections of Hope, Chandler Unified School District, Soul Sanctuary in the Desert, Paws & Claws Car Show, American Cancer Society/Relay for Life, DGTT Foundation, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Susan G. Komen/JC Jigglers, American Red Cross and the Foundation for Blind Children.
Gordon Flesch Company (GFC)
- Year Founded: 1956
- President/Owner: Thomas Flesch
- Number of Employees: 585
- Primary Vendors: Canon, Lexmark, Sharp, KYOCERA
- Primary Solutions Offerings: Laserfiche, Continuum
- Primary Leasing Partners: GFC Leasing (in house)
- Approximate Yearly Revenue: $157 million
- Fastest Growing Business Segments: IT services (59%), hardware (6.7%), heavy production revenue (49.7%)
- Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: Notching Continuum’s top MSP award for the second straight year underscored all of the efforts Gordon Flesch Company has invested in its managed IT services program during the last seven years. The dealer’s growth in this market continues to expand and create more opportunities beyond IT.
Why We Consider Gordon Flesch Company (GFC) Elite:
- Customer satisfaction. To enhance its reputation with clients, GFC provides business analysts to work with them to uncover a variety of needs, from technology to business process improvement to hardware and software. GFC collaborates with customers and provides detailed plans to optimize their business environments.
- Third-party verification. GFC uses independent studies that provide insights into what it’s doing well, areas that need improvement and to determine customer expectations for the future.
- Inbound marketing. In October of 2017, GFC launched a new website based on an inbound marketing program, making it easier to navigate while providing useful, relevant content. Leadership authored blogs on the topics of managed IT, MPS, ECM and business technology. GFC provides email campaigns with eBooks, comparison charts and infographics that prospects download from a landing page. Website traffic has increased significantly as a result, leading to more than 300 qualified sales leads. The dealer is on track to exceed $1 million in website-driven sales in the first full year of the program.
- Social media enhancements. GFC’s social media platform reinforces its inbound marketing efforts and drives traffic to its blogs and website. The dealer employs an aggressive social media plan that includes Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. GFC is currently training account executives on how to sell socially.
- Community support. The Gordon Flesch Company Charitable Foundation donates more than $125,000 annually to nonprofits located in its customers’ communities. In all, donations have exceeded more than $1.6 million dollars since the Foundation’s inception in 2001. The Foundation is entirely managed by company associates.
Loffler Companies, Inc.
- Year Founded: 1986
- President/Owner: Jim Loffler
- Number of Employees: 460
- Primary Vendors: Canon, Konica Minolta, Xerox, Océ, HP, Lexmark
- Primary Solutions Offerings: NEC, ShoreTel, GBC, Duplo, Neopost, Pitney Bowes, Muratec, Memjet
- Primary Leasing Partners: US Bank, GreatAmerica
- Approximate Yearly Revenue: $103 million
- Fastest Growing Business Segments: Managed print services (12%), IT Solutions Group (57%), Loffler Management Solutions (22%)
- Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: Loffler achieved the distinction of being the largest privately owned business technology and managed services dealer in the upper Midwest.
Why We Consider Loffler Companies Elite:
- One-stop shop. Loffler Companies provides single-source, integrated solutions to make the clients’ business or organization work processes more efficient. From printers and copiers, to MPS, IT, on-site managed services, telephones and workflow solutions, its clients’ technology and services needs are met by one company on one invoice.
- Quality employees. Loffler hires what it feels are the best and brightest people in the industry, individuals who are committed to the Loffler philosophy of exceeding expectations of clients, partners and the community. The client is always first at Loffler, and that is one of its core values. Its pledged response times keep clients running and productive, backed by world-class service and support.
- High-visibility branding. The Loffler brand is promoted from all possible angles, including its website, collateral materials, radio ads, building signage and fleet of service vehicles. Its contributions to the community net Loffler strong recognition, and its brand is visible on the scoreboards at multiple Twin Cities-area sporting events, including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Vikings and Wild.
- Inbound marketing. Loffler is implementing inbound marketing functionality to its website to create a stronger online presence and cultivate more sales ready leads. The dealer continues to make aesthetic improvements to the site, improving the user experience, while reviewing and adjusting how its organic and paid marketing efforts are performing. Loffler also increased and improved its email marketing strategies to draw prospective client leads to its website.
- Charitable contributions. Loffler Companies donates money and its employees donate their time/monies to organizations including the American Cancer Society, Vikings Children’s Fund, Ronald McDonald House, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Feed My Starving Children, Catholic Charities, Memorial Blood Centers, among others.
- Year Founded: 1955
- President/Owner: Chip Crunk
- Number of Employees: 575
- Primary Vendors: Ricoh, Canon, HP, Lexmark, Mimaki, Samsung
- Primary Solutions Offerings: Square 9, DocuPhase, PaperCut, Nuance, Uniflow, PSIGEN, Accuroute, Rightfax
- Primary Leasing Partners: In-house leasing
- Approximate Yearly Revenue: $105 million
- Fastest Growing Business Segments: Wide-format equipment (34%), software sales (25%), printer equipment, supplies, service (18%)
- Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: The acquisition of two dealers in new markets and the transition of additional customers from one of its manufacturers in new and existing markets.
Why We Consider RJ Young Elite:
- Doing right by customers. RJ Young focuses on making clients’ businesses productive and successful. It boasts a portfolio of products that represents a stratification of pricing and functionality, and as it expands to solutions that include software and managed IT services, the dealer can provide a broad office technology solution to the customer. RJ Young’s products and solutions are all backed by its “We Make It Right” guarantee.
- Tailored solutions. The dealer offers clients a team of specialists that design custom solutions to maximize productivity and efficiency for their businesses, utilizing a portfolio of integrated solutions including equipment, software, network support services and outsourced printing services. This allows RJ Young to be a true partner for its customer and their business. Supporting this from a messaging standpoint, the dealer hosts event marketing/technology showcases and sponsors key sporting teams in its communities.
- Enriching employee environment. Part of the RJ Young mission statement is: “To provide an environment where our people can achieve their personal and professional goals within a profitable organization” and “To provide and utilize our resources as an investment in our community.” Giving employees the development tools and opportunity to grow their careers as well as an opportunity to give back to their community is rewarding.
- Manufacturer recognitions. This year, RJ Young was named a Ricoh Service Excellence Certified Dealership. The company has also notched honors including the Lexmark Southeast Dealer of the Year, the Rich Prestige Service Award, NBJ Top Equipment Providers, Lexmark Premiere Circle Award and the Samsung Dealer of the Year.
- Giving back to the community. Its “Hands and Hearts” committee fosters employee giving to organizations including Salvation Army Angel Tree, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Habitat for Humanity and an annual employee-hosted 5K “Pumpkin Run” to support the American Heart Association.