Saint Cloud, MN
- Year Founded: 1973
- President/Owner: Jeff Gau
- Number of Employees: 1,100
- Primary Vendors: Konica Minolta, Sharp, HP, Lexmark, Canon, M-Files, Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, Citrix, VMware, Mitel, Tech Data, EMC
- Primary Solutions Offerings: Managed/hosted services, business IT services, carrier services, phone systems, document management and audio/video systems
- Primary Leasing Partners: GreatAmerica, US Bank
- Approximate Yearly Revenue: $315 million
- Fastest Growing Business Segments: Managed print and managed IT services
- Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: Marco put the finishing touches on the development and launch of its Cloud Voice, Cloud IT and Managed WAN offerings. It also aligned the sales structure and compensation plans to effectively take it to market.
Why We Consider Marco Elite:
- Inbound marketing program. The program consists of developing and publishing five technology blogs a week in addition to other downloadable content like e-books, infographics and videos. To date, Marco has more than 1,100 blogs on its website to educate its customers on the latest technology solutions. This has allowed the dealer to turn its website into a lead generation tool and obtain over 350 sales leads through the site in 2016. In that same time period, Marco also had 4,200-plus people reach out through the site by requesting to have a salesperson contact them, downloading an offer such as a cloud e-book, managed IT checklist or signing up to attend an event.
- Strategic, metric-driven support. The company continuously compiles and analyzes real-time data to determine how efficiently and effectively it is interacting with clients. It tracks everything from when calls are heaviest to how quickly tickets are closed. Marco tracks ticket activities throughout each day and displays that information on monitors in the call center. This helps the CARE teams see their workloads and progress throughout the day. Another monitor in the call center displays successes. Compliments from internal and external clients are posted on this monitor for everyone to see as an added incentive to bring premium service to the table.
- A leading place to work in the region. Marco earned a Top 150 Workplaces honor from the Star Tribune, and is a seven-time Best Place to Work selection by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Fortune Magazine has recognized the dealer several times as a Best Workplace for Millennials and Women, and The Des Moines Register cited Marco as a Top Workplace in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Employee support. Marco expanded its HR department to include a recruiter, enhanced its website to include ‘Day in the Life’ videos and established a referral bonus program, which continues to lead to some of its best hires.
- Charitable contributions. In 2016, Marco raised nearly $180,000 for United Way in the communities it serves. From 2012 through 2015, United Way received more than $2 million from payroll deduction campaigns provided by the dealer.