DEX Imaging, Inc.
Year Founded: 2002
President/Owner: Dan Doyle, Jr.
Number of Employees: 700+
Primary Vendors: Canon, Konica Minolta, HP, Sharp, Kyocera
Primary Solutions Offerings: PrintCounts Patrol, DEXDOX content management
Primary Leasing Partners: GreatAmerica Financial
Approximate Yearly Revenue: $270+ million
Fastest Growing Business Segments: MPS
Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: The acquisition of Modular Office Solutions nearly doubled DEX’s Florida presence and gave it a springboard for growth into the Carolinas.
Why We Consider DEX Elite:
- State-of-the-art facilities. DEX has built its own facilities in every major market where it does business. Each facility is designed to meet exacting standards and has demo rooms, dispatch centers, admin departments, and warehouses. All are interconnected.
- Smart use of technology. DEX sales people use Microsoft Surface tablets for ordering, which dramatically cuts down the wait times for delivery of products. Dispatch and service departments use GPS technology to track service calls, which speeds turnaround for service.
- A high-profile marketing approach. DEX spends 75 percent of its marketing/advertising budget on partnerships with local major league sports franchises in the major markets where it does business. This includes design and installation of co-branded messaging in DEX designated areas throughout the arenas.
- Partner and industry recognition. DEX has won service awards from all its manufacturing partners. Its CEO won the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the Tech Industries category.
- Giving back to the community. DEX donates one-third of its profits to charities in markets where it does business. DEX employees volunteer in the community, and the company supports local sports teams through sponsorships.
St. Cloud, MN
Year Founded: 1973
President/Owner: Jeff Gau
Number of Employees: 1,100
Primary Vendors: Konica Minolta, Sharp, HP, Canon
Primary Solutions Offerings: M-Files, Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, Citrix, VMware, Mitel, Tech Data, EMC, managed/hosted services, business IT services, carrier services, phone systems, document management and audio/video systems
Primary Leasing Partners: GreatAmerica, US Bank
Approximate Yearly Revenue: $275 million
Fastest Growing Business Segments: Managed Services (from nearly $32 million in 2015 to $40 million in 2016)
Biggest Accomplishment of the Past Year: Our commitment to achieve double-digit growth year-over-year – 50 percent organic, 50 percent through acquisitions – has led to substantial growth.
Why We Consider Marco Elite:
- Fast problem resolution. Clients who call Marco get a live person from the company’s Rapid Response team within seven seconds 98 percent of the time. These individuals are technically trained to resolve common requests that are easy to remediate. If the problem requires a more advanced technical skill set, the Rapid Response team member will provide the caller with a warm call transfer—a live, three-way dialogue among the caller, the Rapid Response team member and the level-two technician.
- Dedication to continuous improvement. The company continuously compiles and analyzes real-time data to determine how efficiently and effectively it is interacting with clients. It tracks everything from when calls are heaviest to how quickly tickets are closed. Another monitor in the call center displays successes. Marco sends a short survey to the end user to learn more about that user and what their experience was.
- Effective inbound marketing. Marco’s inbound marketing program consists of developing and publishing five technology blogs a week plus downloadable content like e-books, info graphics, and videos. The leads generated from this program produce over $1 million in annual sales.
- Recognition as a great place to work. Marco has earned recent kudos on local, state, and national levels for creating a fun, family-friendly work environment, including Great Place to Work, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Minnesota Business Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Best Places to Work, Star Tribune Top Workplace, and Great Place to Work Best Workplaces to Retire From.
- Marco and its employees are big contributors to the United Way. Marco raised $180,000 for United Way for use in its local communities. Its United Way payroll deduction program has raised nearly $2 million since 2012. Marco also donated nearly $600,000 to CentraCare Health Foundation as of 2015 and supported a large number of organizations over the past 42 years.